Sunday, February 13, 2022

Game Dev: Platonic Solids

Platonic solids make up the majority of a typical set of dice (4, 6, 8, 10, 12, and 20 sides).  Ten being the one that is not platonic by definition.  Unsure how many of them will end up working with the mechanics of Project SDP, but I plan to test them all (maybe even a zocchihedron).  Check out video 3:


I am in the process of testing for limits, such as how much force can be added before the die rolls off, so that a baseline is made to restrict user input.  The basic idea is to use button pressing skills, path finding skills, and luck to score a high score.

Obviously, there are lots of elements and visual appeal that need to be added, but right now functionality is where I am focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Engine Reboot

Most players do not care what engine a video game is built with, so I have not focused much attention in my social media posting on that asp...