Friday, February 18, 2022

Game Dev: Fog and Lighting

I felt the need to impart some ambiance to make the videos and testing a little more enjoyable, so added fog, lights, and some models.  Feedback welcome!

I am finding it may be beneficial, motivationally, to alternate between art and code.  Also, I am still working out the game mechanics and don't want to put too much effort into perfecting code just to go and change it up because the art style changed drastically.  Mistake or not, I am happily and steadily making progress.

An interesting bug, which manifests in this video, makes some collisions not generate any contact sound.  I suspect it is a timing issue, but since it is working far more often than not, I'll focus on it later.  Also related to the collision sounds, they are fading away after the initial hit, but it is not tied to velocity (yet!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Engine Reboot

Most players do not care what engine a video game is built with, so I have not focused much attention in my social media posting on that asp...